SochGreen is at the forefront of the green period revolution, and our products bear testimony to it. The benefits of switching from disposables (sanitary napkins and tampons) to reusable menstrual hygiene products are plenty! If you are still on the fence about it all, here are our top 5 reasons why you should switch:
SochGreen was started with the idea of giving every woman reusable products that would be comfortable as well as easy to use. While disposable products often lead to chafing, skin irritation, infections, and discomfort, our products are designed to make the period experience a happy experience.
What sets apart SochGreen products from other similar products in the market is our quality. Our products are well researched and are made from the best materials available. When you buy a SochGreen product, you are investing your money in something that is 100% safe, tested, and reliable. Because of the quality, our products are also durable and perform par expectations.
Your health is our utmost priority. Therefore, our SochGreen Reusable Menstrual Products are made of soft fabrics which are gentle on the skin. Unlike disposables, they do not cause rashes, dryness, or itching when used. They are free from all kinds of fragrance, adhesive chemicals, and absorbent gels. SochCup is made of biocompatible silicone which is tested and safe to use.
- Contact dermatitis associated with the use of Always sanitary napkins
- Mapping of Chemical Substances from Tampons
- A Question for Women’s Health: Chemicals in Feminine Hygiene Products and Personal Lubricants
- Potential Health Effects of Toxic Chemicals in Feminine Care Products
- Cumulative Exposure and Feminine Care Products
- Menstrual cups and sanitary pads to reduce school attrition, and sexually transmitted and reproductive tract infections: a cluster randomised controlled feasibility study in rural Western Kenya
- Sanitary pads and diapers contain higher phthalate contents than those in common commercial plastic products.
As most disposable products are a monthly investment, we never realise how much money we actually spend on them. All SochGreen products are light on your pocket when compared to their disposable alternatives. Though it may appear to be expensive in the beginning, you realise that it’s a long-lasting investment; hence cutting down your monthly costs significantly. In most cases, you recover the cost within the first year itself.
- Changing the Lives of Women and Girls through Affordable Feminine Hygiene Products
- FLOW (finding lasting options for women) Multicentre randomized controlled trial comparing tampons with menstrual cups
- Determinants of Technology Adoption: Private Value and Peer Effects in Menstrual Cup Take-Up
- Menstrual Cups as a Menstrual Management Method for Low Socioeconomic Status Women and Girls in Zimbabwe: A Pilot Study
SochGreen is also committed to saving the environment in every possible way. We aim to make every period trash-free by ensuring that you don’t add to the existing garbage woes. Use of disposable products leads to non-biodegradable garbage that ends up in landfills. With every SochGreen product you buy and use, you can be rest assured that you are menstruating guilt-free each month!
- Assessing the Environmental Impacts of Oxo-degradable Plastics Across Their Life Cycle
- Pushing the Boundaries on the MHM Dialogue in India, Disposal and Treatment: Management of Menstrual Waste
- Sustainable and Cost Effective Production for Environment Friendly Sanitary Napkins – A Policy Framework
- Menstrual Waste in the Backcountry
- Are American women turning to reusable and greener menstrual products due to health and environmental pollution concerns?