Are you finding it difficult to open your menstrual cup once it is inside? Here are a few things that can help…
I’d like to mention that softer cups are a bit more difficult to unfold as compared to firmer cups, especially if you have strong vaginal muscles. You can run a soft cup under cold water to make it firmer and easier to pop open.
Here are a few tips that can help you open up your menstrual cup once you have worn it.
- Try pinching or squeezing the base of the cup.
- Rotate the cup by holding the base.
- If none of these work you can try contracting and expanding your muscles as if you’re trying to control your pee. (Kegel exercise)
- Slightly slide the cup in an up-and-down motion.
- You should always make sure, that one of the air holes of the cup is inside the fold while you fold the cup.
- Try different folds – C fold, punch down, labia, etc.. Various videos are available on YouTube.
- You can run the cup under cold water, which can make a soft cup a little harder.
- Watch this video to see how you can insert it from different angles.